Let's Do Business for Post Office
This award winning video was commissioned to form part of Post Office Ltd's disability awareness training for its employees and agents. In addition to disabled people presenting their own issues in this film, the brief was to involve disabled people in its production both as crew and cast members.
As an external consultant, Mary-Anne's role included:
- sourcing, briefing, and managing the needs of the disabled participants who appeared in the video
- developing the shoot and programme outline with the director
- ensuring that the vocabulary used throughout the production was appropriate and
- providing a disability ‘sense check’ throughout the the filming and edit
Let's Do Business took the Gold award in the Motivational Training category, at the 2010 IVCA awards. The International Video Communications Association is Europe’s largest and most prestigious celebration of the best in corporate and public sector communication.
In addition to this video production, Mary-Anne has co-produced a number of other disability awareness training videos.
Abnormally Funny People for BSkyB
Commissioned by BSkyB as Production Co-ordinator for Abnormally Funny People, a disability comedy show in the Pleasance Dome at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, culminating in the making of a Documentary by the Media Trust, which was shown at a private screening at Bafta and on Sky Two and Three, and on the Community Channel. The documentary was a ground-breaking approach as it focused on the aspirations of the people involved and not on their impairment. In 2006 the documentary won an award in the ‘Superfest International Disabilities Film Festival’
Mary-Anne's role was to:
- Research, select and secure an accessible venue
- Find accessible accommodation for the cast
- Manage all reasonable adjustment requirements for cast and audience members
- Day to day management of the festival show for a 4 week period
- Manage front of house requirements for disabled audience members
- Distribute to PR material
- Work closely with documentary film crew
- Manage the private screening event at Bafta
“I would not hesitate in recommending Mary-Anne’s wide ranging services to any potential client. She is the most exceptional project manager and researcher and I have worked with her for many years. In respect of the Edinburgh Festival (Abnormally Funny People) she did above and beyond the call of duty. She became so much more than just a project manager and was, without doubt, the most indispensable member of an amazing team of people.”
Kay Allen, at the time Public Affairs, BSkyB